Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grandma Temple's Clock

Sandy- Thanks for starting this blog. I think it's a great idea!

Just to add to the conversation...I remember that I was terrified of Grandma Temple's clock when I was little. It was so loud and I used to have nightmares that it was a bomb.

I also remember the church youth group camping trips. I always had a great time .. probably because I was able to hang out with the bigger kids some. The Ocala campgrounds were a lot of fun. Sandy do you remember when you and I got lost one night going to the bathroom and could not find our campsite?

Happy belated Birthday Susan!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

This is strange - i can't remember being afraid of that clock at all.

Hmmm....Sandy and Bruce getting lost coming back from the bathroom at the campgrounds....only a vague memory....I don't remember it as more than a couple minutes though. That's funny...I probably exuded all manner of self-confident authority and directional savoir faire...and in years since I have had NUMEROUS opportunities to realize just how bad my navigational nose is. One time I was driving an entire load of high schoolers in Orlando 180 degrees in the wrong direction. It took 3-4 of them to convince me I was wrong. That event pretty much humbled me, and now I'll drive as long as others "Nagivate".

Robin said...

This navigational flaw must have shown up in Kirsten. She is now at an age where she out more often with friends, and we recently had an occassion where a friend's Mom was going to drop her off after church. I asked Kirsten if she could tell her how to get home and a blank look came across her. I would be remiss if I didn't state that we have been going to this chuch for more than 5 years, its 7 minutes from our house, and only 3 turns. But I am talking about a young lady who got lost in Kohls after going to the rest rooms. We joke that her compass must be broken, because Chris has an excellent sense of direction.