Tuesday, September 2, 2008

YEA New computer

My new computer is up and running so I'll be adding more brain cells as I learn how to do stuff. Last week was not a good time to explore the Dell when the a/c was out. Thanks to Kyle and David, the man you recommended didn't need to put in a new compresser--just a time delay. And I learned what to do in the future, but I'll write it down in case the memory bank is closed the day the a/c quits. On Robin's entry re: she and Bruce running away. Dad and I didn't see their note but told them next time we'd help them pack and had a reminder of when Susan wanted to run away to Grandma's when she was about 5. I think Sandy was the only one who didn't try , or maybe she did and we didn't know it. Glad that Gustav is gone but look out for Hanna and Ike.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Nope - don't think I ever tried to run away from home. I may have briefly considered it once, but it was probably too close to mealtime for me.

Honestly, for a 5 year old, I thought quite a bit (surprise:-) about children being separated from their parents by death or bad circumstances - probably because of the foster kids who lived with us - and that was the stuff of my nightmares.

Glad you're all up and running on the new cyberspace portal...AND that your house is cool again. The hot flashes and night sweats have been compromising my sleep so much the last few months, that if our A/C went out right now, I'd be begging for a bed and using my pool pass at our neighbor's house, for sure.